At Le Petit Organic, we saw a void in the marketplace for stylish organic children's clothing in one location. Hence, Le Petit Organic was created. We believe that children's clothing should be kid friendly, stylish and made from the best quality. With that, said Organic Fibers are the best for children's clothing.
So Why Organic?
Research shows that organic clothing is better for our children because:
1. It is estimated that 800 million pounds of pesticides in the U.S.A. will be used in cotton this year. According to the Organic Trade Association (OTA), the pesticide Aldicarb is poisonous to humans yet it is still used on cotton fields in over 20 countries including the U.S.A.
2. More than ten percent of the world's insecticides and 25 percent of pesticides are used in cotton production. While pesticides are removed from finished clothing during processing, says author Debra Lynn Dadd (Toxic Free, Tarcher, 2011), they can harm farm workers and the Earth.
3. Clothing and accessories made using organic cotton support sustainable farming practices, help reduce soil contamination and also increases the quality of ones' health.
4. Pesticide free clothing feels better and over all lasts longer!
5. Children's clothing made from synthetic fibers such as polyester and nylon are made from toxic petrochemicals that when manufactured, releases chemicals such as nitrogen oxide into the atmosphere.
6. Organic and Eco friendly clothing are made with natural and Eco friendly dyes that are safe for your little one.
7. Conventional clothing is dyed using heavy metals such as the carcinogens chrome, copper, and zinc, making fabric treatment the most toxic part of clothing.
The best fibers to use for our little ones are sustainable fibers which are: Organic cotton; bamboo; recycled polyester; wool; industrial hemp; and soy cashmere/silk. At Le Petit Organic we strive to provide you with mostly organic and Eco-friendly clothing and accessories that are both safe and healthy for your little ones.